Members of council and municipal administration require many skills. With this in mind, FPEIM has provided links below to resources that we hope you will find useful. Most of these resources are free.
- 10 Steps to Developing an Emergency Management Plan – presentation by Tanya Mullally, Provincial Emergency Management Coordinator – video and PowerPoint Presentation
- Planning 101 – Hope Parham
- Cyber Security – Frank Fazio
- Council Decision Making Video
Municipal Affairs Presentations/Learning Resource
eForce PEI – This e-learning resource offers free training programs for employees and employers such as MSOffice, social media, conflict resolution, and more.
PEI HR Toolkit – This resource offers tips, templates and more around human resource skills such as hiring, determining pay rate and more.
Dalhousie – Local Government Certificates Developed by leaders in municipal administration and adult education, our curriculum will help you:
- Acquire professional skills that are immediately applicable to your job
- Connect with a national network of local government administrators and leaders
- Increase professional marketability, with an education recognized Canada-wide
ALISON is a free online education platform that mostly focuses on workplace-based skills. Courses include Understanding Drainage and Water Distribution Systems, project management, finance, communications, leadership and management, time management and more.
UPEI Professional Development – Courses in Management, Communications, Conflict Resolution and Project Management.