- Representing municipalities as a strong collective voice to Government on a Provincial and National Level with the opportunity to serve on our Board. Each year, Island municipalities benefit from millions of dollars through an improved financial framework and infrastructure programs due to the advocacy work of FPEIM.
- Educating members on topics of importance through meetings and training sessions.
- Informing municipalities by publishing a monthly e-newsletter, meetings, website and Twitter.
- Saving members money – Discounted furnace oil rates, Legal Services Program for small municipalities, FPEIM Group Purchasing Program to save on tires, supplies of all types, capital equipment, fuel and traffic safety suppliers to name a few.
- Supporting members by providing networking opportunities at events and meetings.
- Assisting municipalities with information and resources.
- Providing networking opportunities through events and meetings.
By working together through a strong, united Federation, we can address the challenges facing municipalities. As a member, your voice will influence government policies, legislation, and programs. Membership is a worthwhile investment.
Membership Incentive Program
FPEIM offers an incentive program to new members for a period of three years.
- 1st year new members receive a 50% discount in membership fees
- 2nd year a 25% discount
- 3rd year a 15% discount
Membership Fee Structure
Membership dues are calculated on a per capita basis with a minimum amount of $400.00.
2021-2022 Membership Dues
Population up to 5000: $1.863 per capita with a minimum of $400.00
5001 to 9999: $1.733 per capita
10,000 to 14,999: $1.603 per capita
15,000 to 19,999: $1.473 per capita
20,000 to 24,999: $1.343 per capita
25,000 to 29,999: $1.213 per capita
30,000 to 34,999: $1.083 per capita
35,000 and over: $0.953 per capita
* Changes to FPEIM membership dues shall be determined by the Board, except for increases in excess of the increase in the Consumer Price Index for PEI for the previous year or changes to the rate structure, which require approval of the accredited voting delegates at a general membership meeting.
To Join FPEIM
If you would like more information on how to benefit from FPEIM’s membership, please contact our office.
1 Kirkdale Road