What are the benefits?
- Fully compliant with the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Transparent and consistent pricing
- Reduced administrative process
- Fast and simple – once signed up deal directly with your local dealer
What do you need to do?
You will need to sign up for each program you are interested in. You will need to check with any restrictions you have for bylaws dealing with procurement and once a year post on tendering sites such as PEI Tenders that you intent to use FPEIM Trade Program and the contract number. We can send you template.
Are there any costs or obligations if our municipal government decides to participate?
There is no cost, it is a membership benefit of FPEIM. There is no obligation on your part to order anything.
Can I use local businesses?
Yes, the value of using the FPEIM Trade Program is that you can access the product discounts available to large purchasing programs such as Sourcewell. The discounts are from the manufacturer so you can use your local Fuel dealer or heavy equipment dealer and they receive the discount via the special contract number you give your dealer direct. Everyone wins – Local business still gets the business and you get a discount.
What if my local or preferred manufacturer/vendor isn’t on the tender contract list?
No problem, FPEIM Trade Program can help them to get on the next tender call.
Does this mean I don’t need to do anything else for procurement anymore?
It depends on whether you have a procurement bylaw and what those conditions are, what you are purchasing (No Professional Services are offered through this program) and you also need to list on the PEI Tenders page your intent to use the FPEIM Trade Program. Contact FPEIM and we can give you the template to use for the posting of the intend to use the FPEIM Trade Program.
Some requested items – are they available through this program?
- Lift stations – We have no lift station vendors at this time.
- Water Meters – We are working with our Canadian suppliers to provide a solution. No solution today.
- Police Cars – We have an innovative new program with Enterprise Fleet Management that can provide police vehicles. This program is designed for light vehicles from 3 ton and down. This is an open ended lease letting the member put in as little or as much capital up front as they like. We have found many municipalities (Other provinces) experiencing tangible cost savings. We provide consultation services and cost reviews based on members current fleet and costs.
- Digital and Solar Signs – Our national contract for digital and solar signs is with ATS, they operate across Canada and can provide everything from traffic signs, solar lighting for pathways and digital/solar signs. A big seller has been the new solar crosswalk solutions that are easy to install and very cost effective. ATS provides innovative solutions to traffic information and control.
- Capital Purchasing Program – We do not have a price list on bigger capital items due to the individual requirements of each member and the many options available. The RFP responses normally provide discounts off of list price. This allows the pricing to remain current as we experience unforeseen events that affect Canadian pricing such as tariffs, raw material shortages and currency exchange rates. The pricing is obtained through the local dealer using the contracts that we have tendered previously on our members behalf. The member can sit down with the local dealer and build the unit that meets their end use requirements to fit the budgets in place, all with confidence that they are receiving the best value based on a national contract, solicited all with in the CFTA, CETA and ATA trade agreement requirements. We can connect members with the local dealers to access the standing offer contracts currently in place.