Town of Stratford
Career Opportunity – Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Stratford is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
As the CAO for Stratford, PEI, you will be a dynamic leader, responsible for the overall direction and supervision of a range of municipal services and activities. The successful delivery of the Town’s Vision will require you to direct the Town’s business affairs, advise and assist Town Council and various Committees in policy and directive formulation and execution, and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the municipality. You will be an effective communicator, diplomatic decision maker and inclusive professional with a desire to lead collaboratively.
- Act as the Administrative Executive Officer for the Town with responsibility for the overall daily administration of the Town;
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic performance management, engagement, and accountability systems;
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of the Town’s financial, statistical, and other information systems;
- Oversee the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets;
- Oversee the Human Resource functions; and
- To ensure good relations with other levels of government, other municipal governments, residents, stakeholders and service providers, to act as media spokesperson when requested to do so by the Mayor.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal finance and administration typically acquired through a degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field of study and minimum of five years of administrative management experience within a progressive and growing environment;
- National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration, or certificate program in municipal administration;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in relevant study;
- Leadership experience in strategic planning and change management, budget and finance, policy development, and business operations;
- Skilled in computerized information systems, including financial packages;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgement and business acumen;
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- A passion for excellence in sustainability and public engagement.
Applicants are encouraged to review the full Job Description.
- The closing date for applications is Monday October 4th, 2021. Applications will be accepted online via Indeed Drop-ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
- Questions about the hiring process or position can be emailed in confidence to recruit@resolveHR.ca referencing “Stratford CAO” in the subject line.
The Town of Stratford is committed to creating an environment where culture is diverse and thriving and all individuals are welcome.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stratford is situated on a peninsula just south of Charlottetown, the provincial capital of Prince Edward Island. Stratford covers a land area of 22 square kilometers (5,230 acres), and is a highly desirable, peaceful community with a rich rural heritage and high quality of life. Stratford’s population is approximately 11,000 persons and growing. The Town has a younger family profile within the community relative to PEI and Canada. PEI is a beautiful province that is safe and has a quieter pace while still having everything you need. To find out more about the Town of Stratford, visit https://bit.ly/3neU7kD.