Background: The Federation of Prince Edward Island Municipalities (FPEIM) is looking to hire a Communications and Member Services Officer. FPEIM is a non-profit organization, which was formed in 1957 to represent municipal governments in Prince Edward Island. Its mission is:
- to promote and foster effective, efficient, and accountable municipal government in Prince Edward Island;
- to present, as a strong and unified voice, the interests of its member municipalities;
- to guide and assist member municipalities in enhancing their overall operation and decision-making processes; and
- to guide and improve provincial and federal legislation, programs, and policies that reflect and impact upon municipal interests.
Position Overview: The Communications and Member Services Officer will be responsible for liaising and coordinating with member municipalities, Government of Prince Edward Island, the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, provincial and territorial municipal associations, the media, and other stakeholders. The Communications and Member Services Officer will work collaboratively to understand and address needs and gaps in programs and services for Island municipalities. The Communications and Member Services Officer will work on the development and delivery of communications strategies, programs, membership events and workshops and special projects.
The Communications and Member Services Officer will be responsible for news releases, newsletters and managing FPEIM’s social media presence. The Communications and Member Services Officer will also be responsible for the organization of workshops and assisting with membership meetings and board meetings.
The Communications and Member Services Officer will work at the FPEIM office and will occasionally be required to travel across PEI.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting news releases and newsletters, and managing the social media presence in relation to the activities and priorities of the Federation and its work to support member municipalities;
- Supporting and contributing to the organization’s overall communication strategy.
- Responding to member inquiries on a timely basis;
- Managing existing member programs and services and recommending changes to better serve members;
- Supporting the creation and implementation of new programs and services;
- Organizing and overseeing the delivery of training programs and special projects, as assigned by the Executive Director;
- Supporting the organization of membership meetings, board meetings and workshops.
Education and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (including but not limited to: communications, journalism, business, public administration);
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience in stakeholder or government relations;
- Strong computer software skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Experience with MailChimp and website software (i.e. WordPress) would be an asset;
- Experience planning meetings/events;
- Experience in project management will be considered an asset;
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking ability;
- The ability to work as an integral and contributing member of a professional team while understanding and valuing diverse workplaces;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- A good understanding of municipal governments; and
- Individuals should also possess a valid driver’s license.
Duration: Until March 2024 with a possibility of extension.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $50000 – $55000/year
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted by email at email@example.com until 4:00 pm, May 24, 2022
FPEIM is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant that meets the qualifications is encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to those already legally entitled to work in Canada.