The Mission of the Federation of Prince Edward Island Municipalities is:
- to promote and foster effective, efficient, and accountable municipal government in Prince Edward Island;
- to present, as a strong and unified voice, the interests of its member municipalities;
- to guide and assist member municipalities in enhancing their overall operation and decision-making processes; and
- to guide and improve provincial and federal legislation, programs, and policies that reflect and impact upon municipal interests.
- To secure wherever possible and appropriate, united action for the protection of individual municipalities and municipal interests as a whole.
- To act as a liaison for member municipalities to voice their concerns to other orders of government.
- To act as a clearing house for the collection, exchange, and dissemination of information of concern and interest to member municipalities.
- To provide, in cooperation with other organizations, training, education, and development opportunities for municipal elected and appointed officials in Prince Edward Island.
- To attain the membership within the Federation of Prince Edward Island Municipalities of all municipalities in Prince Edward Island.
- To facilitate goodwill and cooperation among all municipalities.
- To maintain the unity of the Federation of Prince Edward Island Municipalities.